I’m the creator and owner of Designs by Mandi Boutique. I started out my business almost a year ago when I was searching for a creative outlet and a way to unwind after a long day at my “real” job, as a Marketing Assistant. DBMB is absolutely my passion. I love every aspect of having my own business, and sharing beautiful jewelry with people. I think that is the key to life..doing what you love and finding what you are passionate about!
2. Where did you get the idea for Designs by Mandi? When I first moved here I was a recent college graduate and therefore pretty broke. I was finding it really hard to find affordable but quality jewelry. I couldn’t pay department store prices, and I was getting tired of throwing my cheap jewelry away after a week of wear. That’s when I decided to start DBMB, a place where you could get affordable but quality jewelry.
3. Where do you pull inspiration from? Everywhere! Celebrities, magazines, other boutiques, people on the street, bloggers, I am always looking at what others are wearing and love to see how people layer accessory pieces, and use them to express their own individual look.
4. How would you describe your personal fashion sense? Fashion to me is always about dressing according to how I feel that day, as art form to express myself. I would say I tend to be more edgy and trendy than anything else. To be honest, I usually care more about what accessories I’m using to pull the outfit together than the clothes I’m wearing. One of my favorite “go to” outfits is a pair of dark jeans, a black t-shirt and some awesome layered necklaces! (Oh, and killer shoes.. you gotta have the shoes..)
5. Any exciting news for Designs by Mandi’s future? Designs by Mandi will be teaming out with other bloggers to do a few giveaways this month, along with giveaways of our own. We are also adding lots of exciting jewelry for the summer season that I’m super excited about!
6. Advice for anyone trying to get into the online boutique world? Customer service is SO important. Sometimes people are weary of buying online, so I think letting your customers get to know you, and trust you and your business is huge.
Don’t you love her jewelry?! I’m in love. I often have a hard time picking out my favorite pieces.
Please check her out. You won’t regret it!
Happy Thursday, loves!